10 Productivity Tips
These tips for productivity will help you find the motivation you need to be more productive each day.
- Get your blood flowing by doing some sort of physical activity in the morning. Even a quick 15 minute walk can help prepare you for the day ahead.
- Make a to do list and prioritize. We like to use Trello to create lists to organize and prioritize projects.
- Start with an easy task first thing in the morning that you can finish.
- Plan to take breaks. Numerous studies have shown that taking breaks throughout your workday can actually have a positive impact on your productivity.
- Block social media when you need to focus. (an app called Cold Turkey can block all distracting websites)
- Make a 15 minute list (create a list of tasks that can be done in 15 minutes – tasks you can accomplish when you don’t have a large block of time)
- Research suggests that one way to stop focusing on work when you get home is to write down how you’ll finish any tasks left over from that day. The key to tomorrow’s productivity is not staying up all night thinking about all the work you need to do.
- Use gratitude as a source of motivation. Be grateful for your job and the family and friends that support you. At the end of the work day, go over all the positive things that happened during the day. This can help you stay motivated and focused on what is working rather than what went wrong.
- Remember why you do what you do. Keep it simple and ask yourself what you intend to do everyday and why. It serves as a daily reminder to keep you focused.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour. There is a link between not getting enough sleep and inefficiency at work.