Palm Trees, ocean breeze, and sandy hair. Yes, Peak Consulting took on California and learned some interesting facts about its capital city along the way! There definitely wasn’t a shortage of things to do in this adventurous city. Here are some fun facts about the great city of Sacramento:
- Sacramento is the capital city of the U.S. state of California.
- During the California Gold Rush, Sacramento was a major distribution point, a commercial and agricultural center, and a terminus for wagon trains, stagecoaches, riverboats, the telegraph, the Pony Express, and the First Transcontinental Railroad.
- The city was named after the Sacramento River, which forms its western border.
- The city is known for its diversity, tree canopy, historic Old Sacramento, evolving contemporary culture as the most “hipster city” in California.
- Early in WWII, the Sacramento Assembly Center was established to house Japanese Americans forcibly “evacuated” from the West Coast under Executive Order 9066.
- There are 28 museums in Sacramento and they cover everything from medical history to the Gold Rush to California, art and the railroad.
- Fine dining restaurants are nestled in historic buildings on blocks with art galleries, bookstores, and mom-and-pop shops.
- The city is surrounded by a diverse selection of wine regions that have achieved an international reputation.
- There are numerous outdoor activities to enjoy such as cycling, running, rafting, fishing, and golfing, that all rank at the top outdoor activities for locals and visitors.
- Sacramento has a variety of theater productions including the Indies and other international favorites of the Broadway series.
- There are several top-caliber performing art groups, including the Sacramento Ballet, the Sacramento Opera, and more.
Peak loved visiting this city and living the Cali lifestyle for a week! If your’e looking for an adventure and a city with lots of entertainment, we recommend visiting Sacramento.