Peak recently consulted clients in Bay City, Michigan and was able to learn some interesting facts about the beautiful city!
- Leon Tromble is regarded as the first settler within the limits of Bay City and it was first established in 1837.
- Bay City was originally known as “Lower Saginaw” and fell within the boundaries of Saginaw County.
- Bay County’s name is as straightforward as they come: the county’s eastern edge hugs the central portion of Saginaw Bay.
- It was once the camping ground of the Chippewa Indian, later the hub of specialized industries.
- During the latter half of the 19th century, Bay City was the home of several now-closed industries including sawmills and shipbuilders.
- The climate in this region is typified by large seasonal temperatures, with hot summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters.
- Four modern bascule bridges allow transportation across the Saginaw River, which separates the East and West sides of Bay City.
- This city tells a story of its sense of place through historical attractions, Eco-tourism, the arts, interesting shops and dozens of cafes.
- Well known in Mid-Michigan for its numerous festivals and celebrations which take place during the summer months.
- The Bay County Historical Museum, located on Washington Avenue, is designed repository for the records of the Patrol Craft Sailors Association and also contains numerous displays on local and regional history.
- The Bay City Rollers, a Scottish band, was named after this city after the band randomly threw a dart at a map.
- The world-famous singer-songwriter Madonna was born in Bay City.
- Enjoying tall ship sailing, world-class walleye fishing, waterfront festivals, or some of the best antique shopping in Michigan: Uptown to Downtown, you’ll find endless things to do.
- Located on the water you can stroll along the Riverwalk and enjoy the parks or visit one of the art galleries.
- At night, the downtown comes alive with concerts, movies, and other special events.
If you’re looking for a fun place to visit, we recommend this amazing city!